The practice of yoga is a common exercise used to relieve stress and clear the mind. It is also an extremely beneficial exercise to manage varicose veins. While yoga does not treat varicose veins, it can aid significantly in reducing many of the symptoms associated with this venous disease.
Yoga helps to alleviate certain varicose vein symptoms as it improves blood circulation in the legs. It can be used to reduce swollen and tired legs by relieving the elevated pressure that occurs in the lower extremities. Specific poses that help to reduce pain caused by varicose veins are:
- Legs up the wall Pose: Simply press your legs up against the wall to relieve extreme pressure from your legs. This pose helps improve blood circulation, as it makes it more difficult for blood to pool in your veins. This can be done for several minutes while breathing deeply.
- Mountain Pose: This beginner pose consists of standing tall with your feet apart, then tensing your leg muscles for several seconds at a time. This is beneficial for vein health as it strengthens your posture and your legs, ultimately leading to less stress being placed on your lower extremities.
- Shoulder Stand: To do this pose lay down flat on your back, then using your hands for support lift your legs into the air above your shoulders. Support your lower back using your hands and breathe deeply. This pose is tremendously important to relieve any pressure from your legs and it will greatly improve blood circulation.
- Wind-relieving Pose: This pose involves laying down on the ground and bringing all of your extremities to your body’s center. In other words, bring your knees into your chest, and wrap your arms around them. Hold this pose while breathing deeply. The main benefit of this yoga position is to relieve cramping in your legs.
- Fish Pose: To do this pose lay down on the ground and press your thighs towards the ground. Then, gently arch your back using your arms to support you and place the top of your head on the floor. Hold this pose for several seconds and then release. This position is very helpful for those with varicose veins as it relieves cramps and helps to improve blood circulation throughout the body.
All of the poses listed above are beneficial to try in order to help alleviate some of the painful symptoms associated with varicose veins. While yoga in itself will not treat your venous disease it has the potential to reduce pain and swelling while improving blood circulation. It is recommended if you have varicose veins to come in for a consultation with our clinic, in order to find a more concrete treatment plan for your venous health.
At Canada Vein Clinic s we specialize in the treatment of varicose veins. We offer numerous treatments for this condition and help to find the best treatment for you. Book a consultation to find out more information! Give us a call today at 1-888-876-8346, or email us at email@example.com.