It may seem like an easy solution to remove your varicose veins but think twice before you try Botox injections as a treatment option. There are numerous treatment options to remove varicose veins. A common misconception about treating the condition includes using Botox to remove the veins. Unfortunately, it is a myth that Botox is effective in removing Varicose Veins.
What is Botox?
Botox is a cosmetic treatment that helps to remove fine lines and wrinkles. Due to its nature it can seem to be a good treatment for removing bulging varicosities. Botox injections use a neurotoxin to relax the muscles in the area it is injected in. In vein disease the main issue includes poor blood circulation and injecting Botox into the varicose veins would not aid to improve blood circulation in the legs. It is important to realize that even though your varicose veins appear to be on the surface of your skin, they are in fact underneath your skin. This emphasizes that Botox would not be an effective treatment option for removing varicose veins. However, even though Botox as a treatment for varicose veins is ineffective it is still marketed as a potential treatment option by certain clinics. The best way to find out how to treat your varicose veins is to do research and to meet with a doctor to discuss your options.
At Canada Vein Clinics we offer various effective treatment options for this condition. At our consultations we will outline the most beneficial treatment option for you. The following treatment options are offered at our clinics:
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Treats chronic venous insufficiency by delivering laser energy through a tiny puncture in the leg, closing the beginning point of the diseased vein.
- Insertion of a small, temporary rotating wire catheter directly into the vein. This catheter administers medication to close the vein.
- A catheter is inserted into the target vein, and then a special liquid is inserted into the vein. Once the liquid reaches its destination, it begins to seal the vein
- Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution directly into the vein.
- The sclerotherapy solution causes the vein to scar, forcing blood to reroute through healthier veins.
- The collapsed vein is reabsorbed into local tissue and eventually fades.
At Canada Vein Clinics we specialize in the treatment of varicose veins. We offer numerous treatments for this condition and help to find the best treatment for you. Book a consultation to find out more information! Give us a call today at 1-888-876-8346 , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.