Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure for treating spider and small varicose veins. After the procedure, you can expect the following:
- Compression bandages or stockings: Your doctor may apply compression bandages or stockings to the treated area to help reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Mild discomfort: You may experience mild discomfort, including a burning or stinging sensation, in the treated area for a few days after the procedure.
- Bruising: It is common to have bruising or discoloration around the injection sites. This usually resolves within a few weeks.
- Itching: Some patients may experience mild itching or tingling in the treated area. This should go away in a few days.
- Walking: Your doctor may recommend walking or light exercise after the procedure to promote blood flow.
- Results: The results of sclerotherapy may take several weeks to become fully visible. In some cases, multiple sessions may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
Following your doctor’s post-procedure instructions is essential to ensure the best possible outcome. If you experience any unusual symptoms or severe pain, be sure to contact your doctor right away.
At Canada Vein Clinics we specialize in the treatment of varicose veins. We offer numerous state-of-the-art treatments for this condition and help to find the best treatment for you. Book a consultation to find out more information! Give us a call today at 1-888-876-8346, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.