You can expect several things following an Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLT) treatment, which is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat varicose veins. Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLT) is a medical procedure for treating varicose veins and certain other venous disorders. Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted veins commonly occurring in the legs and can cause discomfort, pain, and aesthetic concerns. Below is a list of post-treatment expectations for EVLT.
- Relief from Symptoms: EVLT is highly effective in treating the symptoms associated with varicose veins, such as pain, swelling, heaviness, and discomfort in the legs. In the
weeks and months following the procedure, you should experience a reduction in these symptoms.
- Improved Appearance: Over time, the appearance of the treated varicose veins should improve. They may fade or disappear altogether, leading to a more aesthetically pleasing appearance of the legs.
- Recovery Period: EVLT is a minimally invasive procedure, so the recovery period is relatively quick. Most patients can resume normal activities within a day or two, though you may be advised to avoid strenuous activities for a week or so after the procedure.
- Compression Garments: Your doctor may recommend wearing compression stockings or garments for a certain period of time following the EVLT treatment. These garments help to reduce swelling, promote healing, and prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Bruising and Discomfort: Some bruising and mild discomfort at the treatment site are normal and should resolve within a few weeks.
- Follow-up Visits: Your doctor will schedule follow-up visits to monitor your progress and ensure that there are no complications.
- Long-term Results: EVLT provides long-term results for many patients. However, it’s essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle, exercise regularly, and avoid prolonged periods of sitting or standing to prevent the development of new varicose veins.
- Possible Side Effects and Complications: While EVLT is generally safe, there are some potential side effects and complications, such as infection, nerve damage, or skin
burns. These risks are relatively low and can usually be minimized by choosing a qualified and experienced healthcare provider to perform the procedure.
Always follow your doctor’s post-procedure instructions carefully to ensure optimal results and a smooth recovery. If you experience any unexpected or concerning symptoms after the EVLT treatment, don’t hesitate to contact your healthcare provider. For more information on this treatment option, check out our EVLT procedure description.
At Canada Vein Clinics, we specialize in the treatment of varicose veins. We offer numerous state-of-the-art treatments for this condition and help to find the best treatment for you. Book a consultation to find out more information! Give us a call today at 1-888-876-8346, or email us at email@example.com.